Freshwater Fishing ExperienceTweet
Starting from the shores of a crystal clear mountain lake, you will spend the day leisurely drifting through pristine temperate rainforest that has never been touched by roads, logging or mining. The river setting takes you back in time and reminds you of how things were 300–400 years ago. You may fish as you go, take a fly fishing lesson and have a chance at catching wild cutthroat or rainbow trout in the crystal clear waters of the river, as you float back toward Tofino.
This trip can accommodate up to a maximum of 3 passengers. Once at the drop off point, the river drift will be carried out on a 13′ self bailing river raft with an ore-frame, ideally designed for comfortable and safe navigation of this gentle mountain stream. The Freshwater Fishing Experience will be hosted by Tofino Air, the local, reliable float plane company in Tofino.
- Take-off from Tofino Air Dock typically at 8 am
- Drift for the majority of the day through a gentle mountain stream
- Mid-day picnic lunch on the river bank
- Drain into a secluded ocean bay, where the plane will fly in to pick you up at the end of the day
- Return to Tofino Air Dock by about 6 pm
- All fishing equipment
- Air fare
What to Bring
- Pre-purchased fresh-water angling license
- Warm clothing and rain gear
- Your own flyfishing equipment, waders and boats if you have it with you
- Please bring any food or beverages of your choice and, if you require help coordinating this, please contact our booking office at 1.855.726.3828